The rigorous audit process was undertaken by ISOQAR acting as the Notified Body and included inspection, assessment and approval of MCC’s manufacturing plant (Fabrication and Assembly Hall) and Factory Production Control (FPC).
The standard BS EN 1090-2 is part of the CE marking requirement of construction products and steel structures.
In order to gain certification and be awarded a CE Mark MCC were required to undertake the following:
• Initial type-testing of products
• Implementation of FPC system procedures
• Appointment of a responsible welding coordinator (RWC)
• Implementation of welding quality management system (WQMS) procedures
• Further testing of samples taken at the factory in accordance with the
prescribed test plan.